Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Bookface and the Tweeters...So long

Yesterday was dark. Not on a lighting level…more on a emotional, mental, spiritual level I guess. I think it was a culmination of the past few months more so than any single event from yesterday – though yesterday saw its share of grimness.

I was depressed – is what I’m trying to say.

That has led me to a decision. I’m taking a break from Facebook & Twitter. I’m deleting the Facebook and Twitter apps from my phone. I’m getting rid the bookmark to facebook.com. I’m deleting the Twitter reader extension on my browser.

I’m taking a break from the arguing. The bad news. The rumors. The separated families. The anger. The possible dismantling of a denomination. The stories of murder. The sex scandals. The “I’m right. You’re dumb.” The “I’m righteous. You’re evil.” The suffering dogs & cats in need of adoption. The sick kids. The dying parents. The missing teenagers. The “Let me convince you how perfect my life is” posts. All of it. I’m taking a break from all of it.

I know it doesn’t make any of those problems go away. I know it won’t solve much if anything, but I think I will be happier. And that’s my goal – happier.

So, that’s that. I’ll be gone from the Bookface and the Tweeter for a while. Enjoy the bickering. I hope you eventually convince everyone else you’re right and they are stupid.

p.s. – In the middle of writing this I got a call from a congregant that made me smile and laugh more than I have in quite a while. Thanks for the stories, Lawrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected