Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oops...

"Never talk about religion or politics."

One day I'll listen to that. Maybe. I expected to get more comments on my post from a couple of days ago. Agreement, disagreement, something. I got 2.

Jennifer, I'm going to find that book. Sounds interesting.

OK, no more religion from me for a while. After today and possibly tomorrow.

If you get a chance go listen tot his podcast. It's the latest from Andy Stanley. Good stuff regarding "The Rich." (Guess what, that's you.)

I planned to comment some time this week on the “State of the Church” meeting we had Sunday at Edgemont. Now I’m not so sure. We’ll see.

Misty and I are hosting a book study at our house. Questions to All of Your Answers. It’s a pretty good book so far. If your in the area and interested in the book, you are welcome to come. Bring a lawn chair and join us in our front yard on Sundays at 5:00. This week, we’re talking about chapter 1.

Two Edgemont members are in Haiti this week. They went with the first (non-UMCOR) work group from the United Methodist Church to visit Haiti since the earthquake. Part of their mission there is to prepare themselves to lead a group from Edgemont later this year or early next year. That is exciting! If you are the praying sort, remember Patti and Darren (and their entire group).

Our pastor, Eric, is posting updates from the pair on his blog. Click here to read.

I’m trying to keep these things a little more concise. Today I consider myself successful (in this endeavor).

Happy Cinco de Mayo.

2 comments:

  1. More religion. More politics! More and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My failure to comment on the last post had less to do with a taboo subject, and more to do with not knowing where to begin. It's a pretty broad topic and you covered a lot of territory. Perhaps my simple mind just needs simple questions.

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected