Thursday, May 13, 2010

Busy, busy, dreadfully busy.

I typically try to update early in the day. Today that was not going to happen.

My dad called me this morning about 7:15 and asked what I planned to do today. Never a good sign. Then he asked if I could come help lay sod at the house they are restoring. He needed to get it in before the rain. I could.

A few minutes later Misty called. Also never a good sign. When she calls before 8 am, anyway. The Girl did not feel good. Stomach hurting. Could I stay with her? And take her to the doctor?

I told her I’d already agreed to help lay sod because rain is coming. We agreed that The Girl could come with me to their house and sit in the car or sit inside. Then I would take her to the pediatrician later.

So, I raced home. Changed into “sod laying” clothes. I picked up The Girl and her Nintendo DS. We raced off to drop The Boy off at school. Then we went to my parents’ house to lay sod.

If you have yet to enjoy the sod laying experience, I encourage you to give it a try. Just don’t call me to help.

In my 36 year I have laid sod twice. The first time came over 25 years ago. I was 9 or 10 years old. I played two baseball games that morning. Then I came home and laid sod all afternoon.

After a morning and partial afternoon of manual labor (which I rather enjoyed) it was off to the pediatrician. I, of course, went home to shower first. I’m sure my fellow waiting room waiters appreciated my courtesy.

Once at the doctor’s office, The Girl and I waited. And waited. And waited.

And waited.

45-55 minutes (but not an hour) later the nurse finally called us back to the exam room. Once there, the doctor was quick and efficient. We were done within 10 minutes.

I think it went well.

Now I’m back at work. But not laying sod.

Unfortunately the day is not even close to being over.

The Boy has his spring band concert tonight. So after Pizza Night at Casa de Coats, we’ll head over to the Middle School. I’m actually really looking forward to this.

Then I have band practice. Looking forward to that, also.

Of course, then there is the nightly walking of the dogs.

A busy day… but a good day. So far, a very good day.

Oops, almost forgot this:

Anyone want a cat? This beautiful cat is available. Free to a good home. If you or someone you know and/or love wants a cat. Give me a shout (or call or email or comment or Facebook message or...you get the point.)

Dammit! I just remembered something else: Mike O'Malley is the second best thing on Glee right now. That needed to be said. (Jane Lych's Sue Sylvester is the best thing by far.)

1 comment:

  1. I wish ... the girls wish... we could take that cat. See if you can talk Jacob into it, okay? He may take it better from you and if it came from me. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected