Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Private Blog #1

Here it is. The first "private" blog entry. Yipee!

I have pretty much nothing to say. I'm in the middle of trying to prepare a devotional for tonight's Ad Council meeting. This is my current form of procrastination.

I'm not sure how this private thing is going to work out. I thought people trying to visit would get a prompt to ask for access. Now I'm not so sure. If not, I don't think I like that.

I need to make a couple of confessions. Just because I'll feel better getting them out.

I still have not had "the talk" with Jacob. That's got to happen, soon. we bought a book. Now I just have to talk to him and give him the book.

I still have not been back to visit my grandmother. This is a source of some serious guilt and stress. I'm still not sure I'm ready to go back there. I think the guilt and stress may be better.

OK, enough of that. Here's what I'm listening to. The podcasts I download. These are my walking companions. I'll include a link and the iTunes description.
Bishop Will Willimon - Thoughts, sermons and lectures from William H. Willimon, Resident Bishop of the Birmingham Area, North Alabama Conference of the United Methodist Church.
The Moth Podcast - The Moth features people telling true, engaging, funny, touching and eye-opening stories from their lives.
NPR: Fresh Air - Fresh Air from WHYY, the Peabody Award-winning weekday magazine of contemporary arts and issues, is one of public radio's most popular programs. Hosted by Terry Gross, the show features intimate conversations with today's biggest luminaries.
NPR: Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me - NPR's weekly current events quiz. Have a laugh and test your news knowledge while figuring out what's real and what we've made up.
The Official LOST Podcast - The Official LOST Podcast (As in the TV show. It features two of the producers/writers.)
Playbill Radio Podcast - The Official Podcast of Playbill Radio (Broadway news and interviews)
Stuff You Missed in History Class - What's the Book of Kells? Who was Nellie Bly, and what exactly is stunt journalism? Join Katie and Sarah as they explore astonishing tales of intrigue and eccentricity in The Stuff You Missed In History Class, a podcast from HowStuffWorks.com.
Stuff you Should Know - osh and Chuck are connoisseurs of interesting content; whether they're mulling over Vikings or lotteries, they always discuss Stuff You Should Know. Learn more about everything in this podcast from HowStuffWorks.com.
This American Life - Official free, weekly podcast of the award-winning radio show "This American Life." First-person stories and short fiction pieces that are touching, funny, and surprising. Hosted by Ira Glass, from WBEZ Chicago Public Radio. In mp3 and updated Mondays.
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection Weekly Sermons - The weekly message from UM Church of the Resurrection with study guides and additional resources. (Not so sure about the study guide & resources.)

There you go. a comprehensive list of podcasts I enjoy.

OK, time to write that devotional.

p.s. - You can sign up at the top of the page for an email notification when I post. I'm going to stop using the Facebook/Twitter notifications soon. FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected