Monday, January 25, 2010

Money Makes the World Go 'Round

I’m tired of talking about money.

At home, we’re talking about money. The grocery budget. Student loans. Birthday presents. Mortgage payments. Credit card debt.

At work we’re talking about money. Cutting costs. Bidding new work. Paying bills. Collecting money owed.

At church we’re talking about money. 2010 budget proposals. Staffing. Ministry needs. Building maintenance. Apportionments.

Money money money money money money money money money money money money.

Everything is money. It’s giving me a headache.

I am, apparently, going to have to start exercising in some capacity. This weekend, I climbed on the scales fro the first time in many weeks. It was ugly. I knew it would be ugly. It was even uglier than I thought. So I’ve got to start exercising. That or I’ll just stop eating.

My 13-year-old son is starting to act like a 13-year-old boy. I don’t like it. Yesterday I embarrassed him. Not purposefully, of course. What did I do? I yelled at his Sunday School class. They were acting like a pack of wild banshees and wouldn’t stop. So I “Brought tha Noize!” Now, I didn’t say it like that. If I had, he’d have every right to be embarrassed. I just told them to sit down, be quiet, stop being disrespectful, and do what they were supposed to do. Apparently that is embarrassing to a 13-year-old. I didn’t know.

I’m not enjoying his being 13. I remember being 13. Around that age I went from thinking my dad was the smartest person I’d ever know to thinking he knew less than nothing. I can see that happening with us. Almost everything I say is met with a roll of the eyes and a deep sigh.

It’s going to be a fun 6-7 years.

Well, enough of this. Back to the pile of invoices!

Happy Money Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Rejoice in embarrassing them. It's one of the pleasures of being a parent. But in all seriousness, if you aren't embarassing your kids, then I would say you aren't doing something right.

    If they were acting like they, they deserved to have you raise your voice. Just MHO. But hang in there and don't give in to his embarrassment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you 'bout the $$ talk, bro. It's tedious sometimes. It will not always be this way. ::keep saying:: it will not always be this way.

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected