Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I’ve realized over the last couple of years that writing helps me to cope. I guess I need some help coping today, because I need to write. I’ve said this before, writing here is better (and cheaper) than therapy.

Over the last 4-5 years I’ve written quite a bit about my grandmother. Mama Neenie is 94 years old. She has made more miraculous comebacks than Joe Montana. Over-medication, Broken hip, and numerous other ailments that seemed terminal only to be met with her strong will and stubbornness.

Yesterday my mom got a call the Neenie fell in the shower. We found out today it was getting out of the shower. Her sitter was trying to get her back into her wheel chair and they both fell. Neenie broke her leg. Both bones in the lower part of one leg, just below the knee.

She is in surgery right now. My mom just got the call that they are taking her back. The doctor told them of all of the horrible potential outcomes and all of the reasons to not do surgery at her age. Then he said even given all of that, he recommended surgery. So there she is.

I’m at work, but finding it hard to think about much other than her surgery. Hopefully everything will go as planned. If so she’ll be in rehab soon.

If you are the praying type, send some her way. Thanks!

1 comment:

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected