Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Y... oh wait, not yet.

I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks.36. That’ll be my age as of January 9, 1974. 36. I don’t know why, but it’s an intimidating age. I didn’t mind turning 30. #5 was not really a big deal. 36 seems huge.

If you are looking for a birthday gift for me (and I know you are) here’s an idea. The Drowsy Chaperone is in Huntsville January 8-10. A ticket or 2 would be a delightful gift.

I’ve wanted to see Drowsy Chaperone since it was on Broadway. One of the main reasons was the presence of Sutton Foster, my future second wife. (I’ve explained this before, but I think I have some new readers since then. If anything happens to Misty, Sutton is my first choice of a replacement wife. That’s only IF something were to happen to Misty.) After the initial “Sutton Foster!” reaction, I actually heard some of the music from Drowsy. I loved it even more.

Three years ago I bought the Cast Album CD with some Christmas money. The kids fell in love with it along with me. In late 2008 I bought tickets for the kids and me to see Drowsy in Birmingham. Unfortunately, due to slow ticket sales, the show was cancelled.

Finally I have another chance to see it. Unless, of course, no one buys tickets for me. That would just be too sad. Too sad to think about.

I meant to mention this earlier in the week, but I forgot. Edgemont UMC is looking for a new Director of Youth Ministries. Bryan Miller, our wonderful current (almost former) Youth Director, announced this Sunday that he is taking a job at Helena UMC. Bryan has been quite a blessing to Edgemont. We will miss him a lot.

I’ll miss him.

So begins the search for a replacement. If you know of anyone interested in a part-time youth ministry position, let me know. I’ll put you (or them) in touch with the right person.

This will probably be my last entry of the year, and the decade for that matter. It’s been an OK year. But I know 2010 will be better.

I’m late for lunch. I’m supposed to meet Eric at Wok ‘n’ Roll in 10 minutes and it’ll take me that long to get there. Happy New Year!

(Don’t forget, The Drowsy Chaperone. Preferably on the 9th.)

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea who Sutton Foster is. I might explore on Google later today. How does your wife respond when you bring your future second wife up in conversation? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected