Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Time is Here (and gone)

Time for a Christmas update.

It was great! Good food, great presents, awesome family time, wonderful worship. Good times.

A quick summary of my Christmas haul goes like this: My parents gave me some money for a TV. (Misty got some also and I bought a TV for our bedroom last night. Love it!) My sister got me tickets for Glen Phillips in Birmingham. I’m excited about that. Misty and the kids got me a pair of Auburn socks, (greatest socks ever!) an awesome oil painting for Jordan-Hare Stadium, some pajamas, and a couple of sweaters. I was pleased.

I’m ready for the New Year. Earlier today, as I drove to Birmingham and back, I took stock of my resolutions for 2009. So far, I’m 0-3. 1) Lose 15-20 pounds – not going to happen. I don’t think I’ve gained anything, though. 2) Write 5 songs – Not really all that close. I think I wrote one complete song this year. I’ve got lots of song parts, but only one complete. I guess there’s still time. 3) Be an asshole – This one saw flashes of reality, but ‘twas not to be.

For 2010, I think I’ll go back to a resolution from a few years ago. I resolve to make no resolutions next year.

Here’s how things stand so far in the “Commenter of the Year” competition: I see a 3 horse race at this point. Matt Miller, Bryan Miller, and Laura Senecal. I list Matt because of sheer quantity of comments. Bryan is there because so far he has my favorite comment of the year. Laura? Well, let’s just say that a Coconut Cake goes a long way. Especially a really good Coconut Cake. There are others in contention also. I plan to look back at a few more comments this week. I will have the winner next week. And, yes, there is a prize beyond the prestige of winning.

What did you get for Christmas?

What are your resolutions for 2010?

1 comment:

  1. I got tupperware from Jacob. Seriously. How is that for a "wife" present?? Don't get me wrong, I love me some Tupperware, it just... not a TV.

    My resolution for 2010 is to not get stressed out during Soul Food. I call my husband every Wednesday in tears about how I need ice or there in not enough noodles for the spaghetti... so.. yeah. Time for some chill pills in 2010.

    If I really wanted to win, I would say that my New Years Resolution was to spank my children more and read Scott's Blog every time a new post was entered. ::Gleeee::

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected