Friday, November 6, 2009

Scott's P7 - The 4th Kind

It’s Scott’s Potentially Perfect Perhaps Perfectly Pathetic Pigskin Prognostications week 4. Last week I was 4-3 bringing my overall record for the season to 11-8. 58% = not terrible.

I don’t care what anyone else thinks I enjoy this. So I will continue.

There are 8 games involving SEC games this week. 5 of them are complete dogs. 4 different SEC teams (Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, & Ole Miss) are playing either a Division 1-AA (sorry, I mean an FCS) team, and another (Tennessee) is playing a lower tier 1-A team (or FBS, whatever). Then there’s Florida. They play Vandy. Another potential dog. All in all, it’s a terrible week for SEC football. Not even the Alabama/LSU game can make up for the rest of the schedule.

I’ll pick the crap games first and save the good games ‘til the end.

Furman @ Auburn (-37.5) – This is, with all due respect to Furman, an off week for Auburn. It is a game where they’ll put up some points, get the back ups some playing time, and, most importantly, try to keep everyone healthy heading into Amen Corner. I pledged to pick against my Tigers until they proved me wrong. Last week they did just that. I’m a man of my word. I think we’ll see lots of Neil Caudle, Eric Smith, and points. (Actually, I’ll hear it. I’m not paying for this game.) Auburn scores at least 55.

Tennessee Tech @ Georgia (-41) – Georgia gets their own warm up game this week before hosting the Auburn Tigers next week. I don’t know anything about Tennessee Tech. I don’t know that much about this year’s UGA team. I do know that they had their collective rear ends handed to them by Florida last week. I think they’ll blow off some steam this week and hopefully get the piss out and come in flat next week. I’ll take the Bulldogs.

Eastern Kentucky @ Kentucky (-31.5) – So far I’ve picked all the favorites in these games with huge numbers. Not this time. I think EKU will lose by 31 or less.

Northern Arizona @ Ole Miss (-27.5) The Rebels are beat up. They are pissed off. They are ready to crack some heads. Sorry NAU, this is not a good week to be you. Ole Miss. BIG.

Memphis @ Tennessee (-26) – Tennessee is playing well right now. But they have the potential for meltdown any given week. I’m afraid to pick against them. I’m afraid to pick them. I think the Vols will have a little bit of a let down this week. They will not lose. What the heck. I think they’ll walk away with it in the 4th quarter. Tennessee by 30.

Vanderbilt @ Florida (-35) – Vandy has burned me many times before. The trouble is they’ve burned me both ways. I pick them they play horrible. I pick against them they are lights out. Florida is good. But they are much better in big games than they are in meaningless games. I think Vandy will keep it relatively close. I’ll take the ‘Dores. Please don’t prove me wrong again!

South Carolina @ Arkansas (-7) – Finally, a decent game. Not a great game, but it should be decent at least. USC is still stinging from their brutal and ugly loss at Tennessee last week. Arkansas is playing about as well as anyone in the league. I think the Gamecocks will wake up this week and the real Arkansas defense will rear its ugly head. BUT, I keep picking USC and they keep letting me down. They’ve done it every week since the Alabama game. I’m giving up on them. The Hogs win it.

LSU @ Alabama (-7.5) – By far the game of the week. This game goes one of two ways. It’s close and it comes down to the last play of the game, or it’s a complete blow out. It all depends on which LSU team shows up. If the Bayou Bengals show up to play it’ll be close. If not, Bama wins big. I think Les Miles, aka The Mad Hatter, will have his guys ready. I think they keep it close. In the end Les pulls one his famous rabbits out of his famously enormous hat. Plus, I’ve vowed to pick against Bama until they prove me wrong. Again I say, I am a man of my word. LSU wins (or at least keeps it to a field goal loss.)

As I’ve said every week I’ve done this, these picks are for entertainment purposes only. Unless you are in Vegas (no readers there) or overseas (a couple from time to time) please, no wagering. I have no idea what I’m doing anyway.

Feel free to comment and disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected