Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Dying Wish

192.

Everyday I read the obituary section of the Times Daily. (Well, everyday that I actually read the paper.) I saw this one a few days ago. It gave me a good chuckle. Well, as good a chuckle as an obituary can give you. (I’ve changed the name.)

John Doe, age 62, has gone to be with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ on July 16, 2009, in Houston, Texas.

What’s so remarkable about it? I had no idea that Jesus was in Houston! Who knew? I’m guessing it has something to do with Joel Osteen.

Any of my family reading this, go ahead and copy and paste the next paragraph, then print it out and file it with the insurance policies or somewhere else you’ll be sure to find it soon after my death. When I die, take it out and read it. Heed these words. (Remember you will be reading this after I’m dead. Don’t freak out upon the first reading.)

You’re reading this which means I’m dead. Whatever you do, do not (I repeat: DO NOT!) write a cheesy obituary! Keep it simple. Tell people I’m dead. Tell them where the funeral is. And please, do NOT caravan from the funeral parlor to the gravesite. That is so annoying!

P.S. The money is hidden under the old Oak Tree.

1 comment:

  1. Dear scott,

    Please specify which Oak Tree you are talking about. An address would be nice

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected