Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Fun Ball

I’ve got some kind of serious topics brewing around in my head for the next couple of weeks. (You know, of course, that by “in my head” I mean listed in a word file so I won’t forget them.) Given that, I think I’ll go light and airy today. Even though the light and airy ideas occasionally turn dim and eerie. I think this one will stay in the light. I’ll stay away from nostalgic stories, family injuries, and politics and we should be okay.
We celebrated my grandmother’s 93rd birthday yesterday. Her actual birthday is Wednesday, but we had a party for her yesterday. She is doing amazingly well. Some of you have been reading for quite a while, and you know the medical difficulties she has had over the last 4-5 years. For the newer readers, I’ll sum it up in a few words. She’s made more comebacks than Madonna. More than once we thought she was not long for this world. Now I am convinced she will out live us all. She is an amazing woman. Happy Birthday, Mama Neenie!
Our short “Stay-cation” was a great success. The Shoals Marriott is great. The kids loved the pool. We ate room service for breakfast. My daughter was ecstatic about having breakfast in bed. Then I tool my oldest to see The Dark Knight. Did I mention that it is really good? It’s really good. Go see it. Now. Then my wife and daughter took a trip to the spa for the hand & foot treatment. I guess the more pop culturally astute call that a mani-pedi. I’ll stick with hand & foot treatment. It was a nice weekend.
I mentioned a few weeks ago my affinity for foamy soap. You know the kind that looks like regular hand soap but comes out as foam when you press the pump. I LOVE that stuff. I must complain, though. I found something I dislike almost more than anything else I know. A “Foamy Soap” dispenser filled with non-Foamy Soap!
I see the dispenser and I get excited. I mentally and emotionally prepare myself for the pure ecstasy that is Foamy Soap. I depress the pump with my thumb as the rest of my hand excitedly awaits the joyous foam! I get slightly bubbly hand soap. Slightly bubbly hand soap is not in and of itself evil. But when every inch of my being is anticipating foamy soap, there is no cleanser with more pure wickedness than slightly bubbly hand soap.
Let it be known: whoever put regular soap in the foamy soap dispensers at church, you are on my list!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected