Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Wow, I'm glad Monday was a holiday.

Yesterday was a good day for rest. It all started Friday.

My mom had her surgery and all went well. When she was in surgery I went to visit our pastor, who was still in the hospital from his bicycle accident. I asked what he was planning to do Sunday. He was planning to preach. My response..."No way!" Guess what that led to... you guessed it... Scott preaching. I had 2 days to plan and write a sermon.

Friday night it was the opening of High School Football! The kids had a blast. It was a good game. Good times. Oh yeah, I have to write a sermon.

Saturday morning we moved my grandmother to a new room at her Assisted Living facility. I'm sure it's absolutely by coincidence that the room is next door to her boyfriend. That's a whole different story. Um...I should probably write my sermon.

Saturday afternoon we're off to deliver chicken noodle soup to my mom and our preacher. Both are now home from the hospital. Okay time to write that sermon.

Auburn played at 6:45. They won, but it was painful to watch. I think nine wins is optimistic. Lot's of work to do this week. South Florida will be tough.

Speaking of lot's of work, I've got to write that sermon.

Finally, at 2:15 AM I'm done and going to bed.

Sunday morning I played and sang as usual at the 9 AM service. Then I preached. We played a song at the 11:15 service. It went pretty well. Then I preached again. I think the sermon went well. It had been about 4 years since I'd preached. I still enjoy it. If it wasn't for all that dealing with people stuff, I could be a pastor. Maybe I'll post the sermon tomorrow. The late service was completely different from the 9:00 service. At 9 I got some feedback. Laughter, non verbal stuff like nods, welcoming eyes, etc., even some interaction. The 11:15 crowd just sat there. The band laughed even though they'd already heard the jokes, I appreciated that. I got positive feedback after the service though.

Finally, Sunday afternoon I took a nap. Or I would have if the phone hadn't rung about every 5 minutes! Then it was off to take some KFC over to my parents' house.

Yesterday was a good day for rest.  It was a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected