Thursday, March 17, 2005

You can't take me Lucky Charms©

We pick up with our Senior year. Prom is coming. By this point Misty and I are great friends. Everyone who knows us knows that we both would like to be more. We have a lot of the same friends, and they are working both sides. "Scott, are you going to ask Misty to prom?" "If Scott asks you to prom will you go?" "Scott, if you ask her to prom, she'll go."

All this time we're talking pretty much every night. But like I mentioned a couple of days ago, I was painfully shy around girls. Finally, about a month before prom I asked Misty to go to prom with me.

She said no. I was crushed. One of my "friends" already asked her, and she got tired of waiting on me. Since this is "Scott & Misty" week, I'll tell the rest of the prom story later (it's a good one).

A funny side note, when Misty broke up with my "friend," he told her, "Whatever you do don't date Scott."

Regardless, a year later (April 10, 1993) I was sitting in Misty's driveway about to head back to Auburn when I finally got the nerve (kind of) to ask her out. Less than two years later we were married. The great American love story! At least for me.

Tomorrow, pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected